dotDefender 4.2 installation steps on Apache + video
Posted by Yarden Loumer on 27 November 2011 04:27 PM
Installing dotDefender for Apache
Please find below the video of installation:
Note: After installation, an Apache restart is required.
1. Extract the downloaded gz file.
For example: gunzip dotDefender-3.8-5.Linux.i386.rpm.bin.gz
Note: Installation must be performed using root permissions.
After installation has finished – Restart Apache server!
Make sure that "umask" equals to "022".
2. Start the installation dialog by executing the bin file.
For example: sh ./dotDefender-3.8-5.Linux.i386.rpm.bin
3. The Welcome screen appears. Select Next.
4. The License Agreement screen appears. Read, and select I Agree.
5. The Configuration Options screen appears. Click Next.
6. The Httpd Executable screen appears.
Type the path to the httpd/apache2 executable and select Next.
7. The Httpd Conf screen appears.
The httpd.conf path is inserted automatically. Select Next or modify the path if Apache is configured to use a file other than the default configuration file.
8. The GUI Directory screen appears.
Type a name for the dotDefender's URI (for example "dotDefender"), and Next.
9. The Admin GUI screen appears.
The Administration GUI is now accessible at http://<hostname>/dotDefender (Defined previously). To access the Administration GUI, a password must be configured for the admin user. Enter a password in each of the two fields. Select Next.
10. The Rule-Updates screen appears.
Select either Automatic Update or Manual Update, and then Next.
11. The Rule-Updates screen appears.
For automatic update, select the frequency of the updates and then Next.
12. The Rule-Updates screen appears.
Select to download the rules from either Applicure's website or a custom location of your choice and the Next.
13. The Verify Settings screen appears. Select Next.
14. The Confirm Installation screen appears. Select Go.
15. Installation is running...
16. Installation has finished. Restart Apache server.
After restarting Apache, the dotDefender will be accessible through the pre-defined URI and Password. The user name is 'admin', which cannot be changed.
suEXEC integration (From the Applicure knowledgebase):
cPanel integration (From the Applicure knowledgebase):